Training Coordinator Vacancy: Libraries and Information East Midlands (LIEM)
LIEM develops and provides a sector training programme for member library and information services across the East Midlands and East of England. Our current co-ordinator is stepping down in March 2022 and we are seeking someone to fill her shoes. The role spans both commissioning, delivery and administration and works with our training team to ensure the programme is relevant to the future development of middle and senior staff and their organisations. Our membership is drawn from public, university, college, health and special libraries.
The role descriptor is available at https://www.liem.org.uk/vacancy/
To create, deliver and manage an annual programme of library sector training and professional development. Deliver a minimum of 8 training events for LIEM each year.
LIEM Training Co-ordinator is responsible for:
- Working with the training team to identify training and development needs and programme of topics
- Organising all events including sourcing and negotiating terms with speaker/facilitators, circulating event advertising and newsletters, administering bookings, sourcing and negotiating venues and catering, creating & following up payment invoices, circulating and evaluating evaluations of events, updating the LIEM website on upcoming training events
- Providing training reports to the Training Team, LIEM Board and AGM
- Arranging and convening meetings of the LIEM Training Team 2-3 times a year
- Attending training sessions as necessary to introduce LIEM and the trainers and ensure the training environment is effective
- Undertaking and analysing member surveys
- Maximum of 30 days p.a.
- Circa £8,000 pa
How to Apply:
Applications be sent to: email@example.com.
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement which demonstrates knowledge, experience and attributes for the role
Submission by Friday 1st October 2021 – 12 noon
Interview Tuesday 5th October 2021