Life in the new normal at Cromford Mills!
Cromford Mills is delighted to be welcoming visitors back to the Mill Yard.
We have been working hard to ensure that our site conforms to the Government COVID19 Guidelines, and quietly opened our doors on Saturday 4th July.
We would like to offer huge thanks the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic England for the financial support provided through their emergency funding grants.. This has enabled us not only to survive the significant challenges of lockdown, but also to look forward to the rest of the year with greater optimism than we could have hoped for at the end of March. See here on our website for details of the funding.
STOP PRESS!! We have just secured return visits from last year's very popular outdoor performances.
Follow the links for booking info...and tell your friends!!
So much has happened over the last 6 months: click on the links below to go straight to that section.
The New Normal
We had to plan and initiate so many alterations to our normal running, that we made the decision to undertake a "soft opening", to ensure that any potential problem areas had been fully addressed. This has paid off and we are confident that we fully merit our Visit England Good to Go recommendation.
In brief we have:
- a raft of new signage in our very smart new house-style
- the new Counting House Coffee Stop has opened by the canal. Planned as our new "grab and go" offer, it is currently forming just one of a suite of three takeaway food locations. Both Arkwright's and Wheatcroft's Cafés are currently open as takeaway only.
- Our new marquee is in use as a wet weather eating area in the main mill yard, and the old one is in use at Wheatcroft's Wharf.
- The Mills Markets have re-started, and we have outdoor theatres and family activities such as pond-dipping happening once again. All socially distanced. Click here for details.
- Beyond the Mill Walls' new picnic tables and Scavengers' Scramble, are being well used already, and we are doing our best to finish the project by the end of the summer.
We have a new, exciting ticket offer for August - Arkwright's Special Pass. Book your own tour guide for an exclusive and informative outdoor tour of Cromford Mills! Limited to one household bubble per tour. Details here.