BBC Children in Need Main Grant Programme (UK)
The next closing date for applications to the BBC Children in Need Main Grants programme is the 16th January 2018. Grants of over £10,000 per project are available to not for profit organisations and schools that work with young people who are experiencing:
- Disadvantage through illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- And / or living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
Schools can also apply for funding but the project must be additional to their statutory duties.
Examples of projects that recently received funding include:
- St Joseph's School and Community Steering Group, which received a grant of £61,480 to provide an after school and holiday clubs to engage disadvantaged young people living in Workington in physical and healthy living activity.
- Stepping Stones Pre-School Portslade, which received a grant of £ £9,397 to provide additional 1-1 support to children who display emotional/behavioural/communication difficulties to develop coping strategies, social communication skills and help them to overcome anxiety and Cumbria Law Centre which received a grant of £88,263 to provide a full-time worker for a young people's drop-in centre, offering specialist social welfare advice to young people and vulnerable parents.