'The History of Coal Aston' - Old Dronfield Society talk this week
We're looking forward to holding our first Old Dronfield Society talk of 2022 later this week - make sure you join us on Thursday 27th January to hear a new talk about the history of Coal Aston by Ann Brown.
It's just £8 to attend the talk, or £4 for Friends of the Barn. You can pay for your tickets in advance by clicking here to head to our website, or alternatively just turn up on the night.
If you're interested in finding out a bit more about the history of local places, remember to check out our online archive to view hundreds of fascinating images, or purchase the latest issue of Miscellany, which is now available from the Barn and our website for just £3.50.
Included inside the Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter 2021 issue are some of the following features:
- The Old Dronfield Society Archive is on the Move! – Ann Brown & Research Group Members
- The Story of Church Crossing – John Harvey
- Colliers, Mines and Merchants around Dronfield – Robert Gratton
- A Notable Dronfeldian
- Cinder Lands – Ironstone Mining and Forging around Oxclose Lane – James Cartwright
- A Shocking ‘ Murder’ in Coal Aston – Part 1 – Nick Wheat