The Teaching Musician Postgraduate Qualification - Application Deadline Extended!
Trinity Laban have extended the application deadline for their distance learning programme - The Teaching Musician to Friday 10th December 2021, 18:00.
The programme is flexible and designed to fit around your working life – perfect for music educators in a variety of settings! Predominantly delivered online by expert practitioners, you will have the opportunity to reflect and engage with current music education theory and research, develop your practice and experience music education in a contrasting setting to your own through the Education Placement Module.
You will also be invited to visit the stunning Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site during the in-person training weekends at our Faculty of Music based at King Charles Court, Greenwich.
Students can now opt to pay for 1 year programmes in full, or in instalments to spread the cost of study on Blocks A, B and C. Payment can be made in 4 instalments throughout the year of study. You can also see their current and past fees here.
There are some entry requirements to join this music educators course:
- A degree, or equivalent training and/or professional experience. We welcome applicants who do not hold an undergraduate degree, but can demonstrate equivalent previous study and/or experience.
- Considerable professional experience in music education and/or participatory settings, which should normally be current or recent, and a current professional practice.
- Fluent musical skills on your principal instrument/voice (normally grade 8 or equivalent professional experience).
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language should demonstrate proficiency in English equivalent to a pass at Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) III or IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all 4 areas. Equivalents from other English language course providers may also be considered.
- UCAS points: 500
- Location: Distance learning (with some attendance)
- Duration: 1-4 years
- Start date: February 2022
How to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries. Subscribe to the Trinity Laban Professional Development-Music mailing list to hear updates first about The Teaching Musician and other professional development opportunities with Trinity Laban.