Introducing our Crowdfunder campaign: Keep It Going! Become a Hubbub Agent of Kindness
Help us to raise £1000 to support our Hubbub at Home programme to enable online arts access for learning disabled people in the East Midlands.
Since the beginning of lockdown, we launched Hubbub at Home with regular workshops, rehearsals and performance-sharing.
Described as 'a little miracle', the programme has been a lifeline for participants and their carers.
Our programme has kept our participants safe and combatted the anxieties social isolation creates with:
· regular online movement for wellbeing & creative classes
· phone conversations
· at-home activities
· championing ways into wellbeing.
Summer Festival and beyond: Continuing Hubbub at Home…
As restrictions ease, shielding will continue for many vulnerable people.
Isolated from friends, communities and their regular lives, they are at major risk of being left without connection to express their feelings and maintain relationships.
We are therefore expanding the ‘Hubbub at Home’ concept with an online Summer Festival of events for people with learning disabilities, their families and carers to enjoy.
Hubbub at Home will include drop in sessions for dance, drama, music, puppetry and an online Summer Dance Party hosted by Hubbub actors.
We need to raise £1000 to make our summer activity possible!
Recent reports by The Office for National Statistics highlighted that 1 in 10 adults with a disability reported often or always felt lonely in the past week – compared with 1 in 20 non-disabled adults.
Where will your donations go?
Every pound you donate will help:
· Support our workshop and events paying for talented freelance facilitators and team who reach up to 2,000 individuals a year in the East Midlands.
· Pay for our at home craft materials, spread acts of kindness and hope amongst our community.
· Support our talented Learning Disabled actors to co-lead workshop sessions & improve their confidence.