Freelance Project Coordinator Job Opportunity in Buxton
Heritage Action Zone (HAZ) Cultural Consortium are looking to recruit for a part-time, freelance project coordinator role in Buxton.
Sound interesting? Here is the job description:
Position: Freelance Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Project Manager and Cultural Consortium
Main Job Function: To coordinate the artist and community commissions.
- Comply with the Consortium's policies and legal obligation regarding health and safety.
- Uphold the principles of, and adhere to, policy and procedures relating to General Data Protection Regulations and to ensure that all data is dealt with in accordance with current legislation.
- Adhere to the Consortium's safeguarding policies.
- Gather information and present evaluations of each commission in line with guidelines and templates provided.
- Provide proof of DBS or adhere to getting a DBS as required.
- Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
The postholder will be required to work at home and be available to support Artists/ community groups in Buxton as required. Some of the projects will involve anti social hours (weekends/ evenings).
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Be organised and able to support Artists and community members in the delivery of their work.
- Past experience/ involvement in one or more community - based projects.
- Experience of activity/engagement in the creative industries.
- Be competent in social media/ uploading relevant information and images of deliverable work.
- Writing of Risk Assessments (support given if required).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A commitment to achieving high standards with the resources available.
- An action-oriented person who enjoys working hard and looks for challenges.
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
Summary of Terms:
Contract: Part-time, freelance from February 2022 until March 2024. Days to be determined and agreed to ensure completion of the project.
Other: The successful candidate must: available for interview 15th or 16th February be eligible to work in the UK. Provide details of two referees from recent posts (paid or voluntary) agree to an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 11th February 2022, at midday.
Please provide CV and covering letter stating your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.