Festival of Learning nominations are now open!
We are pleased to bring back the Festival of Learning this year!
The Festival of Learning is an opportunity for tutors and learners to recognise and celebrate the contributions that we all make to the learning journey. Our Festival of Learning Awards will be extra special this year as we celebrate in person for the first time in several years.
We want you to nominate and show others what they have done and achieved or helped you achieve!
Learners can nominate fellow learners, tutors, learning support assistants and other staff.
The Festival of Learning Awards is a time to celebrate how learning has helped you and those around you. We will be holding activities across the county from the end of June until the County celebration event at Alfreton ACE Centre on 15 July.
The closing date for nominations is 24 May.
- Tutor of the year - Has your tutor given you inspirational learning or have they gone above and beyond to support you?
- Learning support assistant of the year - Do you have a learning support assistant that is able to help you understand subjects or provides you with support that enables you to attend classes?
- Member of staff that has helped me in my learning journey - Is there a member of staff at the centre you attend that helps you to keep attending? This person could be anyone that you think helps you and isn't a tutor or learning support assistant.
- Learnt new skills for personal or professional development - This category could be for someone who has gained new skills that have enabled them to improve their home life and/or wellbeing. Or, it might be that a learner has gained new skills to help them in their current job or to be able to get a new job.
- Achieved something they never thought was possible - Do you know someone that thought they would never be able to understand fractions or to make an artwork they are proud of? It doesn't matter how big or small as long as it means a lot to them and to you.
- Transformed their lives or the lives of those around them - Has someone taken what they've learned with DACES and used it to improve their community? Have they gone on a learning journey with us and now they have new career prospects? Maybe they have inspired others to come and learn.
Nominations are open until 24 May using the Festival of Learning 2022 nominations form.