Derbyshire County Council: Easter activities 2021
We are holding some Easter events despite the ongoing restrictions. Many of these are online and all our activities are COVID-secure and follow the latest Government guidance.
If you’re local to our country parks at Elvaston or Shipley, you might want to join one of the self-led trails we have organised for the Easter weekend. There’s the Golden Egg, Hopping Mad Trail and Odd Egg Trail to choose from.
Find out more about all our countryside events.
Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
Our Museum in Buxton is due to re-open on Tuesday 18 May 2021 subject to Government guidance. But in the meantime, you can take a look around, download resources and visit virtual exhibitions.
Our libraries are celebrating Easter with online activities for both children and adults.
Easter activities and events for children and families
- Story Time: every Monday, 10am
- Rhyme Time: every Wednesday, 10am
- Family Book Share: every Friday, 6pm
- Activity Club: every Saturday, 10am
- Debut Authors: Sunday, 3pm
- Holiday Craft Club: Thursday 8 and 15 April, 10am
Easter activities and events for adults
A variety of online ideas for reading and activities for you to try and join in with at home.
- Peak District 70th birthday activities including 'Voices from the Peak': Saturday 3, 10 and 17 April
- Spring Crafts and Activities: every Sunday, 10am
- Wholemeal Orange Cake with Earl Grey Icing: Wednesday 21 April
- Reminiscence Reverie, Peak District Images: Thursday 22 April, midday
- Fun Facts about the Peak District: Saturday 24 April, 2pm
- Banana Smoothie: Wednesday 28 April
Find our more about Derbyshire libraries.
In line with current government guidance our libraries are only open for our book and borrow service and will be closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday but their free digital services remain open 24 hours a day. You just need your library card and pin number to sign in to use the service:
- Free daily newspapers to download using the Press Reader app
- Free access to 3 separate audiobook catalogues: Libby, uLIBRARY and Borrowbox
Sign up to the free libraries eNewsletter which contains up to date news on any changes to library services, as well as details of upcoming events, activities and initiatives.
Adult community education – summer of free learning
All our Adult Community Education Service ‘Learning for Leisure’ courses are free of charge for the summer term for Derbyshire residents. You would only have to pay for any materials used. Bookings are now open – perhaps have a browse during the Easter holidays and get signed up. There’s a great variety to choose from – arts and crafts, greener living, languages, cookery, yoga and meditation, self-development and many more.
Holiday activities with food programme (HAF)
Our holiday activities with food programme supports families by providing activities and healthy food during the school holidays. This Easter it is focusing on online or virtual activities ranging from learning all about the outdoors, making music, getting active, delving into history and looking after your wellbeing. Here is our list of the activities provided by us and our partner organisations you’ll also find information here about food vouchers for eligible families during the Easter holiday.