100 East Midlands businesses to receive fully-subsidised Help to Grow management training

Management training is a key foundation of any successful business. Yet it can be prohibitively expensive.


Help to Grow management training is a project part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund. A total of 90% of the course cost is funded by Government, with the remaining 10% paid as a one-off, upfront fee by participating businesses.


In order to help businesses most affected by the coronavirus pandemic, East Midlands Chamber is subsidising the £750 upfront cost for 100 eligible businesses. The result? Businesses receive a fully-funded, 12-week executive development leadership and management course designed to accelerate growth.


Participating universities and business schools in our region include: Leicester Castle Business School; Nottingham Business School; Nottingham University Business School; University of Leicester; and University of Derby.


Most of the training will be delivered online. You may choose whichever course and training provider is most convenient to you, regardless of where you are based.


Benefits to your business


Help to Grow management training courses will help your business: enhance the ability of your senior staff to lead growth; boost productivity; learn how to innovate; build resilience to future shocks; and produce a growth plan to allow you to fulfil your potential.


Who can apply


To be eligible, your business must be based in Bassetlaw, Derbyshire Dales, High Peak, Leicester City, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, or Nottingham City; employ between 5 and 249 people; and have been operational for at least a year.

The person participating in the training must be a decision-maker or member of your senior management team.

Charities are not eligible on this occasion.


How to apply

Course dates are starting as early as this month and can be accessed here.

The training subsidy will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Register your interest by completing the application form here.


If you have any questions, please contact Vicki Thompson at helptogrow@emc-dnl.co.uk for further information.


Back to news