ScottishPower Foundation opens for applications (UK)
Deadline: 31st July
The ScottishPower Foundation, a registered Scottish charity operating independently of ScottishPower, offers funding to registered charities and not-for-profit organisations based and working across Great Britain. Grants of between £25,000 and £250,000 are available for projects addressing the following themes:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of environmental protection.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The prevention or relief of poverty and the relief of those in need by reason of disability or other disadvantage.
- The advancement of citizenship and community development.
Priority will be given to projects that address one or more of the following objectives of the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- No poverty.
- Good health and wellbeing.
- Quality education.
- Clean and sustainable energy.
- Reduced inequalities.
- Sustainable cities and communities.
- Climate action.
- Life on land.
The fund is expected to be highly competitive so applicants are advised to read the guidance notes carefully before deciding whether or not to apply. Grants are available for one year only. Subsequent funding rounds in the same year will be primarily for grants of less than £25,000. Read more at: https://www.scottishpower.com/pages/applying_for_funding.aspx