Notices for Somercotes Salvation Army Corps
Somercotes Salvation Army, Sleetmoor Lane, Somercotes, DE55 1RB
Meetings led by Terence Carpenter, Territorial Envoy, unless otherwise stated. Enquiries phone: 01773 606945
- Sunday 11.00 a.m – 12.00 noon – ‘The Jam Club’ (Sunday School).
- Sunday Worship 3.00 p.m
- Monday 2.00 p.m - Friends and Fellowship (except Bank Holiday weeks)
- Tuesday 9.30 – 11.00 a.m Care and Share Coffee Morning (except Bank
Holiday weeks). Sale of donated items on a weekly basis. Come and
find a bargain.
Monthly (see dates below)
- Café Church –last Sunday of each month 7.00 – 9.00 p.m
- Messy Church – First Friday each month 5.00 – 6.30 p.m
- Craft & Cake - First Friday of the month 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. Come and share in fellowship with a cup of tea/coffee and cake. All materials provided to make craft items for various charities or bring your own. A donation of £1 would be appreciated to cover the cost of materials/refreshments etc.
The Somercotes Corps are continually appealing for tins and packets of food. These are re-distributed in emergency food parcels for individuals and families suffering severe poverty and distress referred by Social Services and other Agencies. If you can help in any way this would be greatly appreciated.
Friday 20 May 8.30 a.m. Somercotes Corps are holding a "Prayer Breakfast". This is open to all. Please provide names to Terry for catering purposes.
Saturday 21 May 10.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. Plant Sale and Coffee Morning. Please support the event by potting up self-set plants and splitting down large areas of flowers, pot up, identify, donate and then come and buy others for stocking up your garden at sensible prices. This event has raised approximately £2,000.00 for the Corps over recent years and if you enjoy flowers and gardening, this is not to be missed.
Friday 3 June 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. – Craft Group
Friday 3 June 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. – Messy Church
Saturday 18 June - Special event to mark 130 years of the Salvation Army in Somercotes. The William Booth Memorial Band will take part in the cellebrations with street marches. An open air meeting will take place at Copeland Place, subject to weather conditions; this being where the Salvation Army began in Somercotes. Further details to follow.
Saturday 18 June – 7.00 p.m. The William Booth Memorial Halls Band will present a Musical Festival of Praise at St. Thomas's Church, following the March of Witness in the afternoon. Also an evening buffet is to be held at 8.00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Invitation is open to all attending the Festival. This is a free event. However a collection will be held in the meeting.
Monday 20 June 3.00 p.m. – Strawberry Tea. Tickets £3.00 from Olive.
Sunday 26 June 7.00 p.m. – Café Church. Tim Benson from the Dementia Society will present a talk entitled "DEMENTIA" at Cafe Church.