Networking Events for BLACK* artists
The Women’s Community Forum is organizing a series of 5 events bringing together Black and Minority Ethnic and Refugee artists from across the UK in March/April 2017.
We are also in the process of collating a catalogue of BLACK* artists for inclusion in the re-designed The Women’s Community Forum website available end of March 2017.
The networking event will allow us to get to know each other, share ideas, identify and express our needs.
In each venue we are looking for two artists to deliver a 30 minute workshop in their own field. (These artists will attend the event free of charge). We will also include a session on ‘How to flourish as a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee artist/s’.
The events will include refreshments; will take place in the following locations.
- 21/3/2017 6.30-9.30pm Derby West Indian Community Association DE1 2 ND http://www.dwica.co.uk/contact.html
- 24/3/2017 1-4pm The Bike Shed Theatre, Fore St, Exeter EX4 3AT https://www.bikeshedtheatre.co.uk/your-visit/location/
- 25/3/2017 1-4pm The Baptist Church, Bootle, Liverpool L20 9NR http://www.hopebaptistchurch.co.uk/hope/information/
- 28/3/2017 2-6pm Bradford Culture Fusion, BD1 2EP http://www.culturefusion.org.uk/more-info.html
- 1/4/2017 10.30-1.30pm, The Fire Station Arts Centre, Windsor. SL4 3BL http://www.firestationartscentre.com
Attendance costs £12 or £6 concessions. Please send a cheque made payable to The Women’s Community Forum, The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland Street, Huddersfield HD1 1RL. Please contact Akulah with any queries on 07449196673.
Please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance. Please write Black Networking event followed by the venue in the subject box.
Please include the following:
- Contact telephone
- Art form practised
- Any disability or access needs.
- Please list any dietary needs or allergies.
We look forward to meeting you.