Introducing a new digital art project for Derbyshire
D-Lab is an Arts Derbyshire project supported by Arts Council England through the National Lottery, and Derbyshire County Council.
D-Lab aims to bring the best and most exciting new media artists and artworks to an online audience, focussing especially on artists and organisations in Derbyshire and the East Midlands.
We want to encourage artists to make more and better use of digital media in their creative practice, to take risks and experiment, and to showcase their work to an online audience.
D-Lab has several elements:
- A website showcasing innovative online and offline new media projects commissioned by D-Lab, and by other organisations and artists in Derbyshire and beyond
- Commissions for artists – we have funding for five commissions to enable artists based in or with close connections to Derbyshire to develop new experimental artworks
- Co-commissions with partner organisations – we are working with seven partner organisations in and outside Derbyshire to create opportunities for artists from anywhere in the world to create new work
- Four major Young People’s projects with Secondary schools in Derbyshire, partnered with Arts Derbyshire member organisations, exploring how technology can revolutionise teaching and learning
- Online and offline networking for artists in the county and region, helping artists to work with technology as part of their practice
Opportunities for Artists
5 x £1,000 commissions for artists in or connected to Derbyshire
Deadline 8 May 2015
We are now offering five commissions for artists who work with new media, or want to extend their existing practice by doing so. The selected artists will receive:
- An inclusive fee of up to £1000 to cover artist's fees, production costs and expenses
- Mentoring and critical support from David Gilbert, Curator of D-Lab
- An exhibition or showcase in the county as well as online
- If appropriate a link to a Derbyshire arts festival to show the work as part of their programme
- The opportunity to deliver talks and/or workshops during the commission period.
£2,000 commission with D-Lab and LEVEL
Deadline 22 May 2015
D-Lab and LEVEL are offering a commission for an artist or artists to develop new interactive work through a residency at the LEVEL centre. This will form a part of LEVEL’s Inter-ACT + Re-ACT project.
For full details of all these opportunities and how to apply go to our Facebook page, twitter feed or Website using the links below.