Dance artists being sought for a new Made In Derbyshire Dance Project
Derbyshire County Council is looking for eight community dance artists, for their project celebrating the dance work of people with disabilities, as part of the Made in Derbyshire 2015 programme.
All Dance was originally part of the Cultural Olympiad celebrations in Derbyshire in 2012, inviting people with disabilities to dance, it was launched to coincide with the closing ceremony of the Paralympic Games in London. Sixteen dance artists worked with people from disability groups across Derbyshire creating dance pieces in just eight weeks. These dances were performed at Derbyshire’s first county-wide disability dance platform, All Dance, in November 2012 at the Donut Creative Arts Studios (DCAS) in Chesterfield.
Derbyshire County Council wishes to continue this work as part of the Made in Derbyshire 2015 programme, which celebrates the people, places and products of Derbyshire. The Council also wishes to use this year as a pilot project, providing evidence that will help us to seek funding for further dance work.
We are seeking eight Community Dance Artists who will each be partnered with one of the eight Derbyshire Boroughs or Districts. Each Dance Artist will work with one community group on a dance piece uniquely created by each group and their Dance Artist.
Over ten weeks Dance Artists will work with their groups to create a piece which will be performed at one of the two All Dance events, at Cliff College, Calver on Tuesday, 24th November or Friesland School, Sandiacre on Wednesday, 25th November 2015.
If you wish to apply to be one of the Community Dance Artists, please send an expression of interest for this project on one side of A4, including the following:
- An outline of your experience of delivering Community Dance Performance Projects with people with disabilities.
- Details of whether you have a specialist interest and skills in working with people who have a visual or hearing impairment, people with physical disabilities or people with learning disabilities.
- Details of your Public Liability Insurer and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) within the past three years.
- Confirm your availability to attend either or both of the performance days on 24th or 25th November.
- Confirm whether you need to rely on public transport or have a drivers licence and access to a car.
Please also include a CV.
Dance Artists must ensure their availability for one half day a week for 10 weeks, commencing 7th September 2015 and up until the performance day of either Tuesday, 24th or Wednesday, 25th November (10am -2pm).
- £100 to attend a ½ day briefing session in June/July
- £100 per ½ day x 10 weeks to work with one community group from September - November
- £100 to attend & perform on Tuesday, 24th or Wednesday, 25th November 2015
- Fee offered to include planning delivery and travel
- Total fee £1,200
There is the opportunity to raise any questions about this project before the expression of interest is submitted. Questions should be addressed to Ann Wright, Head of Arts and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9am on Monday, 18th May 2015.
Responses to all the questions raised on substantive issueswill be anonymised and circulated by 5pm on Tuesday, 19th May 2015 to all applicants who have registered their interest in this project.
Please send expressions of interest to Ann Wright, Head of Arts at Derbyshire County Council, email@example.com, by 9am on Monday, 1st June 2015.
Successful candidates will be informed by Monday, 8th June 2015.
- Submission of questions by: 9am, 18th May 2015
- Response to questions by: 5pm, 19th May 2015
- Quote return deadline: 9am, 1st June 2015
- Award of contract: 8th June 2015