BELPER ARTS TRAIL ONLINE
Sadly, the physical event this year has been cancelled but we will be holding Belper Arts Trail Online instead over the same weekend (August 30th and 31st) with the aim of making this digital experience as close to the real thing as we can.
Additionally, we will be hosting a ‘shop’ facility for artists so that they can hopefully make some sales in these troubled times for the creative industries. This will be open for the event and also continue in place until Christmas.
The two days will be a mixture of ‘live’ action and static activities which can be viewed at leisure, although all the majority of the ‘live’ action will be pre-recorded. The exception may be the music.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE TWO DAYS
- A video introduction by the mayor, Emma Monkman
- A walk round the system to show visitors how to access the various activities
- A searchable ‘shop’ showcasing the art and creative work of 90 artists, both old and new to the Trail with prices to suit all tastes and pockets!
- Videos scheduled throughout the two days with:
- Visual artists showcasing their techniques and talents covering painting, pottery, glass making, print making, illustration and jewellery making
- ‘live’ music performances from local musicians
- Captain Dan the pirate and his motley crew with something extra special for the children
- Beth’s Poetry Trail
- An interactive map of the poetry trail with video readings of the poems by our very own Captive Audience theatre group
- The On-Foot Trail
- There will be physical window displays in many of the town’s shops with artworks from our artists
- These will also point to the website and where the items can be found for sale whilst also encouraging people to move around the town as well
- The physical windows will be complemented by a clickable version on the website
Whilst we cannot undertake our usual event, we hope that this digital version offers a good alternative in these trouble times and keeps the Belper Arts Trail in the front of people’s thoughts as we plan to be back with normal service resumed in May 2021.