Art in the Window 2016- Call for Artists and Artisan Makers
This summer we aim for over 50 independent retailers on the streets of Glossop, Hadfield, Charlesworth, Gamesley and Simmondley to take part in Art in the Window - Glossopdale; literally providing a shop window for artists and artisan makers in the Glossop area.
This year’s event is run by Glossop Arts Project and the Art in the Window team in collaboration with Glossopdale Trust. The exhibition event will take place from 1st – 31st August 2016.
We are looking for amateur and professional artists as well as local students to display their work.
Art in the Window will be publicised throughout the Peak District and across the Manchester area.
A launch event will be held to celebrate this fantastic exhibition and will give everyone a chance to meet. The date for this will be announced soon.
If you’re interested in exhibiting, submissions can be made by visiting www.glossopartsproject.org and following the link to the on-line submissions form.
Please have your submission in by 9pm, Sunday 12th June.
Please only submit one piece of work – ensure it is good quality jpegs, the dimensions and medium of your work.
The Art in the Window team will work with retailers and artists to ensure that artworks are appropriately placed and will notify artists and makers of their allocated retailer by the end of Shared learning June. We will endeavour to meet everyone’s preferences. A selection panel will make the final matching decisions.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Art in the Window Team reserve the right to curate the event based on submissions that answer the call and the number of available display spaces.
2. By submitting you are agreeing to allow Art in the Window to use images and written material to promote the event and your practice.
3. If selected you are agreeing to deliver, install and remove your work from the allocated retailer – support can be arranged.
4. Work to be installed by 5pm 31st July 2016.
5. All work to be removed after 31st August 2016 by arrangement with the allocated retailer.
6. Artists are responsible for their own public liability insurance and Art in the Window will not be held liable for any costs incurred.
For further information, please email
You can also follow us on
Facebook (Art in the Window – Glossopdale)